About

Tuesday 13 December 2016

BEAUTY OF PAINTING YOUR DOOR SKY BLUE




If you are wondering if you should really paint your door blue, there are many reasons to encourage you to do so. This poem gives us one of the biggest reasons why - because its beautiful, calm and very peaceful-.
 
When The Door Was Painted Blue
When I lived at Grove Road West the door was boring grey,
Like a cold cold sky on a blank January day,
I changed it when it started to chip
Because I'd had enough of it,
On looking at the colors from which I had to choose
I decided no more grey and painted it sky blue.
I painted over several times,
Till I saw layers cleanly shine
As paint dried like a second skin,
It brightened the house and put light in
Where there used to be grey now it was neat
The brightest doorway in the street.
by Dorothy Strangelove

No comments:

Post a Comment